Welcome back to another edition of Weekly Notes! I’ve gathered some interesting links from the past week that I found worth exploring. From tech news to Python conferences, let’s dive in!
Wednesday, Aug 2
Nvidia H100 GPUs: Supply and Demand: This article discusses the current state of supply and demand for Nvidia’s H100 GPUs.
picoCTF - Learning Resources: Check out this website for learning resources related to cybersecurity and CTF challenges.
A Practical Guide to Digital Forensics Investigations, 2nd Edition: Unfortunately, the link provided doesn’t lead to a specific page or resource.
CNIT 40: DNS Security – Sam Bowne: Learn about DNS security concepts in this online course.
Friday, Aug 4 (Prolific Day)
asrp/flpc: Forth Lisp Python Continuum: Dive into the world of Forth Lisp Python Continuum, a small and dynamic self-bootstrapping language.
Practical AI for Teachers and Students - YouTube: Discover practical AI applications for educators and learners in this YouTube playlist.
RV Life Tools: Explore the some RV life tools especially the table top dishwasher!
St. Peter’s Estonian Lutheran Church Hope to get some help from this Estonian Lutheran Church.
Engineer? Here are some modernized reads for helping to ace your interview!
- Grokking Modern System Design Interview for Engineers & Managers - Learn Interactively: Learn about modern system design interview techniques in this interactive course.
- Anonymous mock interviews with engineers from FAANG and more Practice your interview skills with anonymous mock interviews conducted by engineers from FAANG and other companies.
- System Design Interview – An insider’s guide: Xu, Alex This book provides an insider’s guide to system design interviews.
- System Design Interview – An Insider’s Guide: Volume 2: Xu, Alex, Lam, Sahn: Volume 2 of the insider’s guide to system design interviews.
More on LLMs
- Securing LLM Systems Against Prompt Injection: Learn about securing LLM (Large Language Models!) systems against prompt injection in this technical blog post.
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs: Explore the intriguing world of LLMs (Lisp-like Macro systems) in this informative blog post.
- Gorilla —- ApI completions: Check out this tweet about API completions from the Gorilla project.
Sunday, Aug 6
- Apple Admits There Is a Smartphone Slowdown Ahead of iPhone 15 Debut: Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, acknowledges the upcoming smartphone slowdown ahead of the iPhone 15 debut.
Architecture decisions in Neon
In an enlightening blog post titled “Architecture decisions in Neon,” Neon.tech shares their approach to making architectural decisions in their software. The post provides valuable insights into their decision-making process, emphasizing the importance of considering trade-offs, scalability, and maintainability. Read More
Query Language Understood by SQLite
If you’ve ever worked with SQLite, you might have wondered about the query language it uses. Well, wonder no more! The official SQLite documentation provides a beautiful language definition that explains the syntax and semantics of SQLite’s query language. Read More
Pro Tip of the Week: Staying Afloat in Deep Water
If you’ve ever found yourself in deep water and wished you could stay afloat effortlessly, then you’re in luck! This week’s Pro Tip is a YouTube video that teaches the skill of water treading. Developed by Skill You Need, this instructional video demonstrates techniques that can help you stay afloat and even save your life. Watch the Video
I hope you find these links as intriguing and informative as I did. Stay curious and keep exploring!